Michael Peel is an award-winning London based filmmaker. His most recent production, GERVASE, won ‘Best Documentary Feature’ and ‘Best Editing in a Documentary Feature’ at the 2020 Documentary Screen Awards, it was the recipient of the Silver Award at the Spotlight Documentary Film Awards, has been nominated for ‘Best Editing in a Documentary Feature’ at Southampton International Film Festival and was a Finalist at the New York International Film Awards for ‘Best Documentary Feature’.
He is the co-founder of BottleRocket Film; an independent, London based production company, making dramas, corporates and documentaries.
He is a Course Leader in Film & Screen at the Regent’s School of Drama, Film & Media at Regent’s University London.
CAA Licensed Drone Pilot – Certified Premiere Pro User – Certified DaVinci Resolve User – Apple Certified FCPX Trainer – Tiffen Certified SteadiCam Operator
Michael has worked as a cinematographer, cameraman, drone pilot, editor and colourist on a variety of commercial and award winning independent projects:
Including cinematographer for:
- “Love, Death & Taxes‘ – Short Sci Fi, currently IN POST PRODUCTION
- Occupation. An Island Story, Forthcoming feature length historical documentary about the occupation of the Channel Islands 1940-1945.
- ‘The Iris Echo’ – Short Film 2018, Official Selection at the Miami International SciFi, the Wasteland, the Southampton International, the Ocean City, the Dublin SciFi and the Derby Film Festivals. As well as the Cannes Short Film Corner. Nominated for Best Cinematography and Best Production Design at Southampton International Film Festival 2018.
- ‘Oxymorons’ – Comedy Short 2017, Official Selection at the Annual New Zealand Film Awards, the Beer Town Film Festival & Discover.Film awards.
- ‘True Crime’ – Short Film 2018, written by Chris Ratcliff. Semi Finalist Unrestricted View Horror Film Festival London 2018 Nominated for Best Comedy / Horror, Official Selection KinoFilm Manchester International Film Festival 2018. Official Selection Die Laughing Film Festival. Official Selection Cardiff Mini-Film Festival.
- ‘Together Forever’ – Comedy web-series 2017, Semi-Finalist for Best Web-series at the UK Offline Web Fest & Official Selection at the Monkey Bread Tree Film Awards, Nominated for Best Web-series.
- ‘Between Lambs and Lions’– Short Film 2013, Enter The Pitch Finalist, starring Paterson Joseph & Finbar Lynch.
- ‘Air’ – Independent short with Sandy Toksvig
- ‘Pas De Deux‘ – Independent Short, Official Selection SanGio Verona Video Festival
- Love – Independent Short, Won Film Production Award “50 Kisses”, Guerilla Film Award “50 Kisses”, Best Film “Southampton Film Week”. Official Selection for New York Bootleg, Edinburgh Short , Rhode Island International & London Independent Film Festival.